The Mackie MDB-1P is a passive direct box designed to connect a single instrument such as a guitar, bass, or keyboard to a microphone preamp for musicians and audio engineers in recording sessions, houses of worship, and live stage applications. It converts a high-impedance, instrument-level signal via its 1/4" TS unbalanced input to a low-impedance, mic-level output via its balanced XLR 3-pin jack. A 1/4" thru jack allows simultaneous connection to an amplifier or pedalboard.
A -15 dB pad reduces the input level to prevent distortion when using a high-gain source, and the ground-lift switch inhibits hum caused by ground loops. Due to its passive design, the MDB-1P requires no batteries or power supply. A sturdy steel chassis enables confident use in the studio or on the road.
- Connect an instrument such as a guitar, bass, or keyboard to a microphone preamp
- Converts a high-impedance, unbalanced 1/4" input to a low-impedance, balanced XLR mic-level output
- 1/4" thru jack for routing to an amplifier
- -15 dB pad prevents overloading when accepting signal from a loud source
- Ground-lift switch minimizes hum
- Passive design requires no batteries or power supply
7-day Easy Return or Refund
Should you find dissatisfaction due to a factory defect; incomplete delivery; wrong item delivered; or a change of mind due to feature, color, size, or model – except for defects due to misuse beyond the manufacturer’s usage recommendation under normal conditions - you may return this product within 7 days after delivery for a replacement or a refund. Please refer to our FAQ page for more details.